2.17.2010

Crayon Craft

Last week, I received an email from my mother-in-law with a link to a craft website. Specifically, making heart crayons from old broken ones. I just happened to start saving all our broken crayons to make something with them, so this was just perfect timing. After Valentine's Day, I stopped at Target and found silicone ice trays to use as molds for our crayons.

First step, remove the wrapper from all the crayons and break them into pieces small enough for our molds. This step took ten times longer than I thought it would, but we also had more broken crayons than I thought.

Next, we sorted the crayons by color and filled all the slots. We set the silicone trays onto a baking sheet to make it a little easier to get in and out of the oven. We left them in a 200 degree oven until they were completely melted.

After letting them cool, we popped them out of the molds and...viola!! We now have more crayons. Plus, they are super special because we made them. Thanks Sharon!!

3 comments:

Ren, Anna, & Tristan said...

So cute!!

Anonymous said...

Cute, cute, cute!!! P.S. I'm gonna get back to you on your email as soon as all my munchykins are asleep. :)

Audra Roberts said...

Thats such a great idea. I will have to try it.