9.02.2008

Labor Day 08

Labor Day weekend turned out to be full of family fun for us. On Saturday, we met my mom's family at my cousin's house in Mesa for lunch. It was fun getting to catch up and play games. The food wasn't too shabby either.


On Sunday, my sister, Heather, had the kids spend the night at her house (which is always nice for us and the kids). Kevin and I took the opportunity to chill on the couch together and watch The Office Season 2 on DVD.


On Monday, Kevin and I got to have lunch at Applebee's without the kids, a rarity. Then, we all headed over to Kevin's parent's house in Peoria. Everyone, except me of course, had a nap on the long drive over. It is always great to be able to visit his family, especially since we are on opposite sides of the valley, it's not always a possibility.



Kevin always makes sure to play at least one game of football while we are visiting his parents.



Kimble was able to find the little bit of shade on a very sunny day.



Karter's newly acquired injury. All I know is, it happened at Heather's house and it involved an empty orange juice jug.


Kevin's brother, Keith, and his daughter, Jamie. Too cute!




While Kimble stayed on the steps, the other kiddos jumped off the diving board. At one point they were going so fast that they nearly jumped on top of each other.


After playing in the pool, on the swing set, on the trampoline and in the spa, the kids took a trip down the slip n' slide to finish things off. Kevin had to help a little, that's his hand in the picture.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun! Looks like you guys had a great time! :)
P.S. Thanks for helping me last night! I think we had the best booth..... (my own personal opinion)

Anonymous said...

Ohhh... it makes me homesick seeing pictures of the family! Looks like you guys had fun - hopefully we'll be down there for one of the coming "Johnson Family Parties." We miss you guys!