10.11.2008

Amazing Adventure


About a week ago, my parents gave us a gift card for Amazing Jake's. Kevin had been there before and was just itching to go again (I think he has been craving pizza). So yesterday, we decided to head on over as soon as Kimble got home from preschool. Luckily, we got there only 30 minutes after it opened, so there was not a huge crowd yet. Kimble was so excited, repeating "we're going to get pizza" the entire trip over... but when we actually arrived and walked inside, she was speechless. I have to admit that I was a little excited when we walked in, too.

Kevin said that we had to eat in the movie room. They had three different movies playing at once. So we sat in the middle and got to watch all the movies at the same time. Kimble was so loving this place already. After we finished eating, we headed over to the game section. The first thing Kimble wanted to do was ride the horses, a.k.a. the carousel.



Karter was definitely not as enthusiastic as Kimble was for the ride. He seemed to take everything in stride, until we found the basketball game. He ran to it and started hitting it, to let us know that this is what he wanted to play with. Some how, he knew it involved balls. Kevin also helped Kimble play Skeeball, it is one of her favorites.



Once we ran out of points (tokens), we cashed them in for some fun trinkets at the prize counter. Man how we love those prizes...not. Kimble broke her slinky in about 10 minutes, oh well.


In the end, it was a successful and adventurous trip.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Did the gift card cover everything that you did?

Kristi said...

It turned out to be only $25 instead of $50... but we still only payed $2 because we got the lunch specials and both kids were under 4 years old. We also got the $10 game card with 45 points, which was enough for our little kids.

Kristi said...

I know that I spelled paid wrong. Kevin keeps saying that I need to reply to the comments and I guess I just got caught up in the moment!

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, that looks so fun! I have been wanting to go and check it out. Maybe now I will! :)