5.24.2009

He Was How Big?

What a crazy Monday morning! Kevin and I arrived at the hospital at 5am, ready to welcome our baby boy at 7am. Just as I was about to receive my spinal block we hear, "Dr. Mott isn't coming!" That meant that my doctor didn't have an assistant and we would have to wait for Dr. Scott to arrive in about 30 minutes. So, I got back off the operating table and waited in a wheelchair for the new assist to arrive, what a long 30 minutes that was! He finally made it and so did our baby boy. At 8:02am we officially welcomed Koltyn Jay Johnson into our family. The news I was not prepared for was his measurements: 10 pounds, 8 ounces and 22 inches long!! I knew that I looked huge and now I have evidence of why.




My sister was able to bring the kids Tuesday night and they had polar reactions. Karter came right in, hopped onto the arm of the chair and took a good look before trying to push the bassinet around the room. Kimble, on the other hand, wanted nothing to do with the baby or myself. She clung to her horse and didn't want to leave Heather's side. Since we have gotten home, Kimble and Karter have both been great with the baby and both have helped give Koltyn a bottle or two. I am bummed we couldn't get a family picture at the hospital, but I am sure they will loosen up soon and we can get one then.


Kevin was a great help in the hospital, until he had to go home Wednesday afternoon with a stomach bug. I felt so guilty that I wanted him to stay even though I knew that he would be more comfortable at home. Kevin was just afraid of getting the baby sick and needed to get some sleep on an actual bed again. Luckily, he was able to come back Thursday morning to bring us all home.



(Having balloons for the kids in order to get them in the car helped.)

4 comments:

The Hubbs Family said...

Congrats Kristi! Koltyn is so adorable and I love his hair. So cute!! I can't believe how big he was. You must have been so miserable. You look great too, by the way. You don't even look like you just had a baby. :-)

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!!! I will second the motion on how great you look! Awwww. He is ADORABLE! I think he looks like Kimble from the pictures. I am so happy for you. I want to visit one of these days when I feel a little better. Glad everything went smoothly.
Jess

Deeanna said...

What a great day to be born...my birthday! :o) Congratulations! He is adorable and you look amazing. How big were your other kiddos? Hope all continues to go well.

Deeanna :o)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness - congratulations Kristi!! He's adorable! And seriously... 10 lbs? I can't even imagine :)

We're coming into town next week - I'll email you and if you're feeling up to it we'd love to come and visit.