9.22.2010

Craft Day

Saturday was our ward craft day, and boy was it a blast. Although there were times that felt pretty frantic, it seemed like everyone enjoyed themselves. The two crafts that I loved (and was not in charge of) were the chicken wire frame and wooden mummy.
I found this frame at a garage sale and instantly knew that it would be perfect for what I wanted to make. So, I took it apart, painted several layers of different colors and scuffed it up a little. Then, I took it to the craft day and added the wire. I think that it turned out GREAT and will work perfectly as a memo board in the kitchen!


I also made this super-super cute mummy. By simply wrapping the cut-out pieces of wood with muslin and then painting a couple eyes peeking through, I was able to make a wonderful Halloween decoration. The kids have loved it and are even more excited for Halloween to arrive.

3 comments:

The Hubbs Family said...

Those are super cute! Our ward just had a craft day and I was just going to post the stuff that I made too.

Stephanie said...

They're adorable!

Amy said...

I love the mummy! Cute stuff Kristi!